JOB PURPOSE: The Director of Sales is responsible for managing, prospecting and closing targeted opportunities within the applicable healthcare market. The primary job duty of the Director of Sales is meeting revenue targets through the identification and procurement of profitable engagements with the Trinisys suite of products and services. A secondary function will be to assist with identifying, recruiting and managing additional sales professionals in the western region in the near future. This role will also be required to build valuable relationships with key contacts within Trinisys strategic channel partners. This is a new position that will be critical to the westward expansion of Trinisys that already maintains a beachhead on the East Coast. Once established, Trinisys anticipates this position leading the charge of hiring additional sales representatives on the West Coast. The position affords ultimate flexibility to enable work from home when not actively engaged in outside sales efforts.
Trinisys has adopted the “Challenger Sales” model. While most sales professionals focus on building customer relationships, Challenger Selling focuses on pushing customers’ thinking, introducing new solutions to their problems and illuminating problems customers overlook. More specifically, they teach prospects during the sales process, tailor the message to the prospect’s needs, and take control of the sale while embracing the natural and necessary constructive tension in any sales process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The areas of responsibility for this position are:
Lead Generation, Demos, Presentations
- Creates Sales Growth Plans for the purpose of identifying and supporting new sales pursuits
- Individually prospecting for new customer engagements
- Conducting due diligence and gathering all needed information for successful advancement and control of the sales process
- Engages prospects and clients by utilizing email, telephone, social media, events and other marketing tools that lead to sales. Finds creative new ways to target prospects and clients that lead to sales
- Prepares sales and marketing proposals, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision-making process, and overcomes objections to closure, as needed
- Works with development team to create and present technical sales demonstrations and works with both development and marketing teams to ensure the right people are in the right presentations, as needed
Client Relationships, Communication and Planning (or Client Relationship Mgmt.)
- Acts as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned clients, ensuring a positive relationship
- Provides timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports and manages task list on assigned accounts for progress on all prospects
- Follows up on sales leads and cultivates professional relationships with potential and current clients
Manage a High Performing Sales Team
- Assist Trinisys with identifying like-minded top tier senior account managers
- Recruit, train and mentor a quota carrying sales team to ensure annual revenue goals
- Provides timely and thorough sales activity for all prospects within the CRM for the region that result in accurate sales forecasts for personal and team activity
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns for the region that drive sales leads
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or related area
- Minimum of 5-7 years proven success in direct software or services sales marketing to hospitals
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- Maintains a strong knowledge of business and technology innovation within the electronic health record space
- Proven business-to-business healthcare I.T. sales experience to provider organizations
- Strong sales prospecting, qualifying, and closing experience selling technology to providers
- A proven track record of quota attainment
- Professional references that are able to articulate candidate’s prior proven experience managing a sales force
- Familiarity with current healthcare and technology trends
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in target markets
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Knowledge of CRMs and Internet software
- MS Office, including PowerPoint and excel
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability in: time management, organization, planning, managing multiple projects and prioritization
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented; willing to work the numbers and be resilient
- Ability to foster relationships during the sales cycle and foster prospect and client relationships to build additional sales
- Marketing & market planning knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of target market industries and ability to research and create achievable strategic plans for sales success
- Communicates openly, honestly and constructively treating both co-workers and clients with dignity, respect and courtesy
Other Positive Qualifications Not Required
Member or Board Member of professional HIMSS or HFMA association(s)
Member of sales and/or networking associations a plus
This job will eventually have supervisory responsibilities
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports or business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Trinisys is an equal opportunity employer