Trinisys is seeking a Healthcare Data Engineer to extract, transform, and load healthcare data into Trinisys ClearView® and EPIC, Cerner, Athena, Allscripts and other EHR / EMR systems. The successful candidate will possess solid SQL skills in a variety of dialects (MS, MySQL, AWS Aurora, and Oracle). Experience working with healthcare data is strongly preferred, and in-depth knowledge of at least one EMR systems will be a factor in candidate selection.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extract, transform, and load healthcare data to support data archiving and migrations between EHR/EMR Systems
- Analyzing client requirements, developing extraction and transformation plans, and implementing those plans
- Using your judgment to recommend alternatives when appropriate
- Working as part of an agile team, and contributing to the team on a proactive basis
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of programming and/or systems analysis experience are preferred
- Background in technologies such as client/server, relational database management systems, object-oriented and distributed object development a plus
- Strong technical skills around data access and transformation — must have the ability to write complex SQL queries firsthand
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring or similar frameworks
- Experience reverse engineering systems
- Superior ability to analyze and manipulate clinical data
- Ability to write technical specs and create diagrams such as data flow diagrams
- Experience with Financial/Revenue Cycle data is a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Must feel comfortable communicating to groups and defending technical decisions
- Tenacious problem solver with a consuming curiosity, and facility with intellectual abstractions
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is a quiet, professional office.
Trinisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer