Healthcare Data Lead will architect approaches to extract, transform and load healthcare data into Trinisys ClearView® and EPIC, Cerner, Athena, Allscripts and other EHR / EMR systems utilizing the Trinisys platform, Convergence®. In addition to architecting solutions, the HDL will be an expert at the user of the Convergence platform, and will be able to develop custom actions utilizing Java, and scripts using Convergence scripting language that relies heavily on advanced knowledge of SQL scripting. The HDL will have superior communication and coaching skills and will employ those skills as a technical leader for a team of Healthcare Data Engineers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze client requirements, developing extraction and transformation plans, and directing the integration and execution of those plans
- Work as part of an agile team as the technical lead
- Subject matter expert in developing and maintaining ETL processes
- Deep understanding of healthcare clinical data, and use and purpose of electronic medical records systems in the ambulatory, acute care and post-acute care setting.
- Extract, transform, and load healthcare data to support migrations between EHR/EMR Systems, including knowledge of different medical codification systems such as RXNORM, SNOMED CT, MEDCIN, CPT, ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM, LOINC, CDT, and CVX, etc.
- Work with the product development team to integrate current best practices and upstream development into the platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand project requirements and communicate implementation methodology, bottlenecks, areas of necessary improvement, project milestones and system functionality and interoperability
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Senior-level SQL skills in a variety of dialects (MS, MySQL, AWS Aurora, and Oracle)
- Senior-level skill in at least one of the following: Python, C#, C++, C, MATLAB, Shell Scripting, Ruby
- Heavy use and integration of the tomcat environment on all platforms (e.g., Windows, Linux, Unix).
- In-depth knowledge of Continuous Integration environments (Jenkins, Bamboo etc)
- Knowledge of code versioning and tracking systems (CVS, Subversion, Mercurial, GIT etc).
- Sufficient knowledge in containerized environments (Docker, Singularity, Kubernetes etc)
- Experience with No-SQL environments (MongoDB, IBM Domino, BaseX etc)
- Minimum of there (3) years of systems analysis experience are required
- Superior ability to analyze and manipulate healthcare data (clinical and patient financial)
- Development and administration in technologies such as client/server, relational database management systems, object-oriented and distributed object development is a requirement
- Proven track record of reverse engineering multiple systems
- Ability to write technical specs and create diagrams such as data flow diagrams
- Contributes and develops knowledge base articles
- Implements and oversees a feedback loop to the development team for platform and integration enhancement
- Tenacious problem solver with a consuming curiosity, and facility with intellectual abstractions and practical solutions utilizing a defined tool kit
- Skilled time manager
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, must feel comfortable communicating to groups and defending technical decisions
- Skilled mentor, ability and experience in transferring technical knowledge amongst a team of developers
- Outstanding problem solving skills with the drive and ambition to continue to evolve and engage in continuous learning courses
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply principles of logical or technical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
AWS and Microsoft Azure architect credentials, and various Microsoft and others SQL or DBA credentials preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is a quiet, professional office.
Trinisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer