The Trinisys Java Developer Intern position will be 30-40 hours per week, Monday – Friday for approximately twelve weeks (starting in May or June 2021).
As a member of the development team, each Intern Developer works with various technologies and software, including the Trinisys Business Automation Platform to develop client solutions. Intern Developers implement enterprise applications, provide systems support, assist in developing specifications for moderately complex software applications and modify/maintain existing software solutions. During your internship with us, you’ll work on real projects alongside employees who have expertise in your area of professional interest.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
The intern will gain experience with the following:
- Working with Senior Engineers and Business Analysts to implement solutions for our clients
- Working with Business Analysts to update, maintain, and troubleshoot existing client implementations
- Assisting in testing core product features by developing programmatic tests
- Participating in authoring and maintaining technical documentation
- Assisting support team to resolve escalated product support issues
- Learning Trinisys product and how to utilize it for custom development efforts
- Working with Business Analysts to refine technical requirements and estimate project work effort
- Implementing Trinisys Publish Scripts to automate business process details and insert data captured from web forms into client database tables
- Creating functional wireframes to validate solutions and aid in communicating solution to customer
- Providing customer support to troubleshoot issues and bugs during testing as well as production phases
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Background in technologies such as web applications and relational database management systems. Programming language experience (Java, .Net, etc) and Image manipulation software a plus
- Interest in SQL
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. In addition, must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The noise level in the work environment is a quiet, professional office.
Trinisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer