This position is located in Brentwood, TN
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extract, transform, and load healthcare data to support data archiving and migrations between EHR/EMR Systems
- Analyze client requirements, develop extraction and transformation plans, and implement those plans
- Work as part of an agile team, and contribute to the team on a proactive basis
- Work with peers and Healthcare Data Engineers to assign, prioritize and complete daily tasks, such as:
- Analyzing systems and requirements for ETL processes
- Providing direction on project path, problem solving and execution
- Answering questions/providing mentorship to Healthcare Data Engineers on more complex tasks
- Play active role as reviewer and approver to Healthcare Data Engineer’s code
- Provide standardization of project workflows, define union requirements for each stage of project lifecycle that will be used by Healthcare Data Engineers
- Design union processes for data standardization, data quality and data integrity routines
- Knowledge expert on the healthcare data stored in databases, healthcare data models and related schemas
- Architect technical designs, data models and data migration strategies for large-scale complex data projects
- Recommend and develop improvements to enhance existing data extraction, processes and integration models
- Mentor less experienced Healthcare Data Engineers on solution changes which includes scripting, data standardization, data management solutions, ETL processes and architecture enhancements
- Create reports for tracking project timelines, system performance, data movement and data validation processes
- Implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data analytics and reporting needs
- Implement and test database changes in the various Development Database Environments
- Maintain documentation (via Confluence) and create electronic change controls when required
- Architecture of automation processes and generate coding and systems to reduce human dependency
- Analyze complex data sets, draw conclusions and relationships and develop actionable recommendations
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a Master’s in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and minimum of two (2) years of programming and/or systems analysis and developing complex data integration solutions experience or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of programming and/or systems analysis and developing complex data integration solutions experience
- Experience in technologies such as client/server, relational database management systems, data management
- Strong technical skills around data access and transformation – must have the ability to write complex SQL queries firsthand, analyzing and tuning complex SQL statements, supporting high-performance, multi-tenant databases
- Experience with data integration and data transformation, development of End to End ETL architecture using MS SQL, SSIS, Oracle, TSQL
- Experience architecting and building processes that extract, process and add value to data sets from multiple source systems
- Experience reverse engineering systems
- Ability to write technical specs and create diagrams such as data flow diagrams
- Ability to analyze and manipulate clinical data, and work with different healthcare data types HL7, CLD, XML
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- System-level design expertise such as operating system drivers, file systems, access methods, query processing, query optimization, memory management, multi-threading and concurrency control, and networking
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle, data mining, and pattern recognition in large datasets, including ability to develop customized queries to successfully complete tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is a quiet, professional office.
Trinisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer