The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of Trinisys client projects. This position performs requirements analysis and discovery efforts, creates and manages project schedules, reports project status, supports continuous process improvement efforts, and performs other duties as assigned. This position is 100% remote.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lead teams implementing Trinisys-product-based client projects
· Maintain a high level of communication with team members, internal management, applicable internal/external departments, contractors and all other project interfaces to ensure accurate project status and clear work assignments
· Generate, maintain and use key project documents, status reports and change documents
· Create proposals, statements of work, designs, plans, schedules, requirements and manage the development phases of projects
· Assist in the development and execution of internal test plans confirming the solution’s adherence to the requirements
· Maintain an awareness for the project budget while keeping both Trinisys and the customer’s needs/objectives in mind
· Understand and ensure that all project decisions are congruent with business goals and objectives
· Lead groups to perform research, requirements analysis, design and development and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
· Participate in and contribute to the continual process improvement initiative
· Assist clients with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities as needed
· Mentor and train junior colleagues including evaluation of performance and making recommendations to management
· Help identify and interview future project managers by contributing to the interview and selection process
· Evaluate the readiness of a project team or organization and then recommend the related training required to ensure the effective application of project management and leadership principles
Education and/or Experience:
· Four-year college or university degree, preferably in information technology, healthcare, project management or related field; and minimum of six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
· Intermediate understanding of IT Infrastructure and Operations
· Superb leadership capabilities with a track record of successfully completing large, complex projects
· Excellent organizational skills
· 3+ years of healthcare experience preferred
· Experience working with healthcare technology solutions
· Knowledge of HIPAA regulations involving PHI and HITECH preferred
· PMP or CSM or related Certification preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills – effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external employees (both technical and non-technical). Must be able to build a rapport with the team and be viewed as a team player/leader
· Flexibility – assist and troubleshoot issues for clients and employees, at times after normal business hours
· Self-motivated – ability to handle multiple projects and anticipate interruptions. At times, patiently wait on responses and have the capability to manage multiple projects
· Strong documentation skills – ability to document work with limited oversight and direction
· Adaptability – ability to adjust and adapt to changing needs of our clients and team
· Team Work – working as a “servant leader” which means to serve your project team first and do what is takes to ensure a successful project
Proficiency in general office programs such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None required. PMP or CSM or related certification preferred.